Negative Factors That May
Influence an Interviewer's Perspective
Never exemplify any of the following traits or habits for they can
have a negative impact on your interview:
- Personal appearance that is less than professional.
- Overbearing, over aggressive or egotistical behavior.
- No positive purpose.
- Lack of interest and enthusiasm.
- Lack of confidence and poise; nervousness.
- Overemphasis on compensation.
- Evasiveness; making excuses for unfavorable factors in work history.
- Lack of tact, maturity and courtesy.
- Condemnation of past employers.
- Inability to maintain a conversation.
- Lack of commitment to fill the position at hand.
- Failure to ask questions about the position.
- Persistent attitude of "What can you do for me?"
- Lack of preparation for the interview -- failure to have information about the firm, resulting in an inability for the interviewer to ask intelligent questions.